So like I mentioned, for Tyler's Birthday last Saturday, he decided he wanted to celebrate by going fishing (a hobby he just picked up and really loves). So we decided to pack up and go camping for the weekend to Fish Lake. Tyler's sister Misty, her husband Ryan and their kids Jace and Talan came along as well as my cousin Kristin and her husband Mark.
We got there Friday evening and decided to try and get some fishing in before the sun went down. Now, I had never been fishing before a few months ago when Tyler picked it up. In the few times I went fishing with him, I had never caught anything, I got a bite once or twice but that was it. So Friday evening when I caught the first three fish I was extatic!!
(I just noticed that pic looks like I'm going to bite that fish's head off Bear Grylls style )
All three of them were that size and as you can see too small to keep so I let them go but I was still so
excited. Unfortunately everything we caught that evening (and most of the trip) was that size. So we headed out for more fishing the next day.
I love this pic!
Fortunately Tyler and Misty caught some good size fish before we left.
Right after we took this pic Tyler went to clean out that fish and found a surprise.
The fish was uber pregnant!! Yuck....I told Tyler we should just bottle it up and sell it for $12 as caviar.
Saturday evening, in place of a cake, we gave Tyler a pinata to bust open.
I don't care how old you're turning, it's always fun to hit something super hard, break it open and have candy fall out.
After dinner and the pinata the boys wanted to go back down to the lake to see if they could catch anything before dark. Being the awesome women that we are, Misty, Kristin and I told the guys not to worry about the clean up and that we'd take care of everything. So they took off down to the lake. It wasn't long after they left that we realized we were all out of firewood. We weren't quite sure what we were going to do without the guys to chop some up for us. So intead, we gathered some dried up branches from around the campground and found some gasoline (Misty likes to call it girl scout juice) and got an amazing fire going.
The branches burned so fast and we were glad to see the boys and their bulging muscles return. When I mentioned we needed more firewood chopped, Tyler walked over the the campground manager and bought some......wow wish I had known that was an option a few hours earlier.
We had such a fun weekend. Happy 26th Birthday to my Amazing Husband!


That looks like so much fun!!! Ya for birthdays!!!
ReplyDelete