August 13th was our one year anniversary and it could not have been more amazing. Tyler made me breakfast; waffles with peaches and cream, yum. Then he said, I didn't know if you'd want chocolate or flowers so I got you both. Then he held up a super sized back of pretzel m&ms and a dozen rozes....haha! My heart just melted. So after an amazing breakfast and a few too many m&ms we took off to Park City where we had reservations for dinner that night. We decided last minute to do the alpine slide and zip line. By last minute I mean as we were falling asleep the night before....well, Tyler was completely asleep and I was lying awake due to my over active thinking, a common occurance for me. Tyler can fall asleep in 2.5 seconds and it takes me a lot longer than that, depending on the night, it can be an hour or so. Anyway, I'll occassionally shake him awake with an idea and that's exactly what I did. Hey....hey babe....with a faint yeah I blurt out in excitment wanna do the alpine slide while we're in Park City tomorrow?....sure. Considering the situation I felt satisfied with that answer and fell asleep. So, during breakfast I reminded him of the half asleep conversation and we headed up there right away.
This is the best pic we got of the alpine slide because we forgot our camera in the car. Over 3,000 feet of pure sliding fun. So, after eating some lunch we hopped in line for the slide. Just the wait to get on the ski lift to get up to the top was about 40 minutes. This whole time I'm trying to calm myself about having to go on the ski lift. I know I'm a disgrace of a Utahn because I've lived here my whole life and never been skiing or snow boarding....I know pathetic. I don't really have a fear of heights, it's more a fear of sitting in something that's suspended in the air by a cable that I feel could snap at any moment and if I were to sit forward far enough, I'd fall right down to my death. This is also why ferris wheels and I do not get along. If it were fast moving it would be over before I had time to really think about this, but it moves so slow it's really all I can think about. Anyway, as we were getting on the ski lift the attendant asked, do you want the lap bar down? All I said was, yes please, but what I really wanted to say was are you crazy?! Of course I do! That's all that's keeping me from falling to my death and you give it as an option?!! You people need to take some sort of safety course. The ride up was smooth with no stops and I became pretty comfortable, it was actually kinda relaxing....if I didn't look down. When we got to the top, we hopped off, grabed our sled looking thing with wheels and headed over to the slide. A short line and a few minutes later, we were off. It was so much fun! There were a few drops that took my breath away but for the most part it was a pretty calm ride. As soon as we were done on the slide we headed to the zip line which meant another ride on the ski lift which I wasn't so nervous about anymore. Half way up, I turned to Tyler and said this is actually kind of relaxing. 2 seconds later the ski lift abruptly stopped and my hand holding Tyler's turned into an instant death grip while the other one clung to the pole of safety across my lap. I gasped out loud and just closed my eyes, what if we're stuck up here?!! Tyler reassured that we'd be going in a few seconds.....and we did start moving again, so my grip on him loosened. As we got off the ski lift and headed towards the zip line we saw it was going to be about an hour wait. Now I'm one of those people that will sit down just about anywhere in public and my feet had already had enough, so about 15 minutes in to the wait I sat on the bridge we were standing and waiting on and scooted along on my butt as the line moved. Some people would call that lazy, I just think it's smart and I'm glad I did because that hour wait turned into more like 2 when they ran into some trouble. Because of the wait and sitting down, I had kinda zoned out and didn't really see too many people go down, so when it was almost our turn, I stood up and had a rush of adreneline as I saw how far and high the zip line was. Now, I know what you're thinking, why would I agree to go on the zip line where I'm strapped to a tiny cable going 45 mph 110 feet in the air? Good question....I think it's cause I'm getting such an adreneline rush from the fast fall that I don't have time to worry about if the line snaps. It's before hand, looking at it that I get really nervous. As I'm getting strapped into my harness I tell the guy to make sure he buckles me in tight, he throws part of the harness over my shoulders and says there you go and I say in a distressed tone, I didn't even here it buckle! I could hear the people behind me chuckle....but I was serious. He could tell I was a little nervous and just laughed as he finished strapping me in. Tyler was strapped into a harness a few feet to my left and as I look at him with terror in my eyes I hear the attendant say Ok, let me see your hands. Being obedient I loosen my death grip from the ropes holding my harness to the cable thinking he wants to make one last safety check and before I know it the gate in front of my feet has swung open and I'm falling. All I can do is scream and want to curse that guy for tricking me. My hands soon move back to the death grip on the rope and the screaming stops. As I'm flying through the air all I think is this is so cool!! Tyler soon flew by me curled up in a ball to be as arodynamic as possible. When I get to the end, all I could do was smile. I loved it!! As we walk off my legs were still wobbly from the adreneline.
This is the view from the top of the zip line. (No those aren't my feet, this pic is courtesy of the internet)
Next was dinner at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse. We both love steak so this was the perfect place! We started out with an ahi tuna appetizer which if anyone knows me really well they know I can't stand tuna from a can, even the smell makes me want to barf. However, I realized that I love it raw! There's no fishy taste!! It was amazing and we devoured it. Our steaks were to die for and the banana cream pie was amazing. One of the best meals we've had. It was so gorgeous outside so of course, we had to take a few pictures.
Being married is soooo much fun! This has honestly been the best year of my life. I love my husband so much and I'm so excited that I get to spend eternity with him.



HAHAHA I LOVE how you describe things so well. All I could do was laugh. I'm so glad that you guys had so much fun! We LOVE Ruth's Chris-so we will def have to do a double there sometime :)
ReplyDeleteI am sooo glad you had a great day! I love being spontaneous like that! Sounds like you had a great time! I can not believe how fast this year went! Seems like you have been a sister for years!!! Not just 1! Love you!
ReplyDeleteSara.... seriously you should write a book!!! I couldn't stop reading because it flowed so awesomely! hahaha (i love my english)
ReplyDeleteAnyways it sounded like so much fun! I want to do that with the hubs on our anniversary!
oh p.s. you are gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteHow sweet, Thanks Kim! :)
ReplyDelete