At our doctor's appointment yesterday, we found out that we're having a little girl :) The doctor was reluctant to say that he was 100% sure because the baby's back was to us but he spent a lot of time looking and got some really good shots right between the legs. When he was done looking around, he said he couldn't find any evidence that would make him think it's a boy. We have our 20 week ultrasound on July 5th, so we'll either get confirmation or a big surprise! The doctor did mention that his daughter-in-law is pregnant and when he did an ultrasound for her at 13 weeks he could already see evidence of a boy. So Tyler and I feel pretty confident in his abilities and don't anticipate any surprises.
We are both extremely excited! Neither one of us can seem to stop singing/humming the song "Isn't She Lovely" by Stevie Wonder. We were looking online at all the covers people have done of that song last night and our favorite is Glee's (yes Glee, don't judge)
I told Tyler last night "you know she's going to be the biggest daddy's girl and have you wrapped around her finger, right?" and he just looked at me sheepishly with the biggest grin on his face. One of the things I'm most excited for is to see the two of them interact. I know it's going to be adorable.
So after we tell people what the gender is the next question is always "Do you know what you're going to name her?" We've had names picked out for either gender for a while now, so yes she has a name already. Her name will be Romney Beth Nelson. For those of you who don't know, Romney is my maiden name and Beth is my middle name. So she's getting quite the family name! Surprisingly to most people, the suggestion to name her Romney didn't even come from me, it was Tyler who mentioned it. At first I wasn't sure how I felt about it as a first name, but it grew and grew on me to the point that I loved the idea. We're really excited to start calling her by name.
I've been feeling her move for a couple weeks now and couldn't wait for the time Tyler could feel it from the outside. She seems to be most active in the morning right before I get out of bed, so I've been having Tyler put his hand on my tummy in hopes he'd feel something one of these days. He finally felt her move this morning and not just once or twice but a lot! His reaction was "Whoa, that is so cool!" I love that I can share that with him now.
My baby bump is still pretty small but it's getting more obvious week by week. So I'll leave you with a belly pic. This one is up so close that it's a little deceiving. From father away it doesn't look nearly as big/obvious. I'm just over 17 weeks in this pic.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Powered by Blogger.



LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! Im so excited for you guys. I cant wait to meet little Romney and for our little girls to be so close in age. There is nothing more fun than having a cousin to be close with. Love you guys so very much and I am so glad you are feeling so much better!
ReplyDeleteI love the name and I'm so exited for you two!!!
ReplyDelete