Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Birthday/6 Month Anniversary/Valentines Day

Friday was my birthday, Sunday was our 6 month anniversary and monday is valentines day! That's alot of celebration to pack into one weekend. We kind of rolled them all into one (with the main focus being my birthday) and on Friday took off to spend the night at a hotel and then shopping at the Park City outlet malls on Saturday. The hotel was perfect! It had a more bed and breakfast type feel. The hotel was offering valentines day packages, so we got a friday night stay with dinner and breakfast included.

After we got settled into the hotel we went to dinner. The dinner that came with the package unbenounced to us was a sea food buffet. Tyler was so excited but at the same time felt bad because I really don't like sea food (I hate it). But it was like his dream come true. All the crab legs he could eat. Nothing was getting me down on this fabulous day, so I just went with the flow. I try to be a good sport when it comes to trying food. I always try it, I just might not like it. Tyler put oysters on his plate and got me to try some. The proof is below.


They weren't as bad as I thought they would be. They didn't have that fishy taste I can't stand. The texture was a little off putting though. It was really gummy and chewy. Over all it wasn't that bad, but I definitely didn't eat any more. When I told Tyler oysters are supposedly an aphrodisiac, he got all excited about me eating more. That didn't happen...I didn't like the taste of them that much.

Saturday we had breakfast at the hotel and then headed to the outlets. We had so much fun shopping and surprisingly I only bought one pair of shoes...and they were flats (not like me).  After about 2 hours Tyler broke down and said "Are we done yet? We've been shopping all day."  I laughed out loud and told him he had no idea.

The whole weekend was amazing! I turned 24 and Tyler kept joking with me about how old I was. I finally told him that if I'm so old, he better hurry up and give me babies before it's too late. He doesn't joke about that anymore.

A special thanks to my hubby for giving me such an amazing weekend!

4 comments:

  1. How Fun!! I wouldn't have been to happy with the Buffet, but I can say I try some things.. You were a pro for trying an oyster YUCK! I did have scallops before(not too bad, but I could only eat one)
    I'm glad you had a great weekend :) Love Ya sis

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried a scallop once without knowing it and spit that thing out. Odd the things I can and can't stomach. Love you sista!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE SEAFOOD! I am soo jealous! You are going to have to keep trying until you like it! Though about 4-5 years back we all went to See Dez & Britt in Phoenix and we decided to go to Red Lobster cause Britt was working there and we would get her discount.... WE ALL ORDERED CHICKEN! It was soo funny! But Most of us like Seafood now..... I think! I am soo glad you have a blog! This is soo fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I Hate Seafood!! YUCK!!! Well done you for trying it though. I wouldnt have even done that. Im so glad that little brother of mine spoiled you. You two are adorable!! Oh and about the kiddies. How Funny. I literally Laughed out Loud!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.