Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, February 11, 2011

Car Accidents

 I've been in two accidents in the past 4 months. What the heck? And contrary to popular belief, neither were my fault. The first was in november and was enough to cause me some pain but nothing major and the car was fine. Tyler was out of town :(

A few weeks ago I was driving down Geneva Rd with Tyler in the passenger seat. As we were going through an intersection (at about 50 mph) a car jumped in front of us trying to turn left and we t-boned him. I was in complete shock and sat in the car shaking and crying while Tyler took care of everything. I was so glad he ws there and even more grateful that nobody was hurt. We're both experiencing back and neck pain and going to physical therapy. I'd like to say that it's getting better but the pain seems to be getting more intense for me, but I can function and life goes on :)


Need less to say, the car was totaled. And can I just say that the powder released when the air bags go off is suffocating. So grateful we had them, but that powder sticks to your clothes and lungs. It's one of those distinctive smells you don't forget.
We were lucky we had good insurance to get us in a rental car just hours after the accident. We were also fortunate enough to find and buy a car 2 weeks after. It's a 2006 Nissan Murano and we love it.
I went in for x-rays yesterday to make sure the bones and discs in my back were ok. The technician asked if there was any chance I was pregnant. I know they have to ask that, for good reason, but it's obvious that there is always a CHANCE I could be pregnant...it's just not likely. No girl takes a pregnancy test everyday, so the possibility is there for most women. Haven't they ever watched the show "I didn't know I was Pregnant"? I mentioned that and he just stared at me and said "well, we cover you with the led no matter what."

Update: Between almost hitting a deer on state street, tons of water being splashed from a semi right on my windsheild while driving on the freeway and getting a boot while parked in our designated parking spot at our apartment; our car luck isn't getting too much better. But at least we've avoided more accidents :) I've been told by a few people not to even look at their car, they don't want to catch my curse. Yikes...

2 comments:

  1. Awe your blog is so cute! I really enjoy this idea a lot. I'm excited to read more about your lives! You better say something about your birthday weekend get a way with Ty. Love you!
    -Em

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!! I am so glad that you are jumping on the blog bandwagon! Now we can totally keep up with you guys! Hope you had a great weekend! Love ya

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.